Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Hair!...and other crazy thoughts

I am on a journey to grow my hair out SUPER LONG and lose AT LEAST 10 lbs.

Ok why are these even related to each other? I'll tell you why!
Because I am not a patient person. Yet, I know that growing my hair out will take time. In fact, I've grown my hair out quite a bit in the past couple years. More than that I've actually just helped with the health of my hair immensely.

I used to be one of those people who fought endlessly with my natural texture and spent so many years HATING my hair.

My hair is special, not always in a good way. It is thick and I love that. But it is a mix of curly, wavy, and randomly straight. There is no set texture to my hair so I'm not blessed with just hopping out of the shower and letting it air dry. (This sounds like such an echo of every other girl who dislikes her hair! ^_^) I do not dislike my hair though.
I did everything from blow-drying to straightening with the WORST tools back when I was still in high school. Since then I have upgraded to much better hair tools (i.e. Sedu and Solia). Yet the years of torment to my hair took a toll on it. I think it was around the point where I actually had sideburns, no kidding, SIDEBURNS because I had burned off so much of the hair near my ears from constant heat expose, that I realized I needed to do something differently if I actually wanted longer hair.

My sister always had such long hair, I didn't understand why mine wouldn't grow much. So I researched. And YouTubed. And read blogs. Finally, I just stopped with the heat. It was really that simple. I got a better haircut and miraculously I LOVED my hair. I started getting so many compliments on it too and all I did was find the right cream gel and let it air dry. My hair was able to curl more with heavy layers and suddenly I had this great wavy voluminous hair.

So fast forward to now and I still follow much the same routine except my hair is getting longer and stronger.

Backing up to how this even relates to weight-loss because I'm the queen of sidetracks. I know that growing my hair out as long as I want it will take time. Months.
However, my issues with weight and food don't allow me to see weight loss as a similar kind of thing. I want results and I want them NOW. I get discouraged and beat myself up when I don't lose. I HATE myself if I gain. I'll never lead a steady program to actually lose weight if I continue to be discouraged.
So I've decided to tie the two together. All I've wanted for years is to have beautiful long hair and a thin frame (who doesn't?) So rather than making it an enemy for my sanity, I'm going to make it a journey of two things that are to be achieved TOGETHER.


It seems healthier and more realistic to think I wont be 118 lbs in a week but that I CAN be that weight and possibly less by the time my hair is long. I set the goal at 10 lbs and I know I've lost that much in way less time than I'm giving myself now.

I have started to take Biotin. I've been taking them for a week now. I use the formula that is once a day and I have not missed a day.
I know I wont see the results for at least 2 months. So in 2 months I hope to be at least 8 lbs lighter. In another months after that I should be able to achieve well below my goal of under 120.

I want to pace myself and know that it is a goal I am trying to reach, not an immediate result that I fail at.

The problem with me is that I see weight loss, and I get excited. Then I go for a couple more days and see more loss. So I give myself an excuse and cheat. Except my cheats are bad. I almost binge! I just don't stop. Therein lies my problem.

So in my journey to improve my physical appearance I'm throwing in self-improvement as well. Learning patience and taking it one step at a time; as well as moderation to not just go crazy and give myself stupid excuses. It's willpower that I need to build!

Ok I've been going on forever now and I SHOULD be in the shower getting ready for Sunday night dinner with the fam o_0 I also missed my weekly Sunday coconut oil conditioning treatment out of pure laziness today. I'll update more of my actual hair-care routines and products if anyone is ever interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment